Welcome to Verywell.com's Dying, End of Life, Funerals & Grief site, led by Chris Raymond since 2012.
For more than 12 years, Chris served as editor of The Director magazine, the official monthly publication of the National Funeral Directors Association and the world's most widely read magazine for funeral directors, embalmers and other deathcare professionals. Chris has spoken on numerous death and dying topics to audiences of funeral service professionals and consumers alike, and his articles have appeared in leading funeral service publications worldwide.
Chris holds a bachelor's degree in English from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
From Chris Raymond: "Death is deeply personal and rarely easy to contemplate. While the Internet enables quick access to information, the guidance offered online about death, dying, funerals and grief often proves misinformed, biased or worse. My goal is to provide timely, topical and objective information that answers your questions about death and dying, funerals and grief, to help you make better-informed choices for yourself or someone you love."
Stay Informed & Connected:
Please like my Facebook page and add me to your Google+ circles. You may also send questions/comments to me via email.
Dying, Funerals & Grief Forum:
As of August 2015, new or existing users can access the Dying, Funerals & Grief Forum on Facebook. Within this online community, you can ask questions and share your experiences with others. Join the conversation!
For the Media:
Please email Chris and indicate your deadline.
• Cemetery Travel: Adventures in Graveyards Around the World, April 29, 2016
• Columbia Wilbert Vault CEU Seminar & 75th anniversary Celebration, October 2015
• Qeepr #TalkDeath Roundtable Discussion, June 2015
• The Dan Isard Show, Episode 06, FuneralRadio.com
• The Director magazine, April 2015, National Funeral Directors Association
• The Dan Isard Show, Episode 05, FuneralRadio.com
• "Power to the People," OnceIveGone.com
• American Funeral Director magazine, October 2014, Kates-Boylston Publications
• Funeral Service Insider, September 8, 2014, Kates-Boylston Publications
• The Dan Isard Show, Episode 03, FuneralRadio.com
• The Dan Isard Show, Episode 02, FuneralRadio.com
• The Dan Isard Show, Episode 01, FuneralRadio.com
• The Association for Gravestone Studies
• Milwaukee Press Club