Low-Carb Diets Desserts Cakes and Cheesecakes Gluten-Free New York-Style Pumpkin Cheesecake By Verywell Editor Updated September 25, 2017 Share Pin Email Print More in Low-Carb Diets Desserts Cakes and Cheesecakes Puddings and Mousses Cookies Basics Food Lists Carb Counts for Common Foods Low-Carb Cooking Tips for Dining Out Nutrition Side Dishes Product Reviews Atkins Diet Information Menus Main Dishes Recipes Snacks Low-Carb Recipes Popular Diet Plans Glossary View All Nutrition Highlights (per serving) Calories 301 Fat 25g Carbs 15g Protein 7g View All (43 ratings) Total Time 105 min Prep 30 min, Cook 75 min Servings 16 (1 slice each) This New York-style pumpkin cheesecake recipe is a nice change from making the usual pumpkin pie for your holiday dessert. National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day is October 21st, so you don't even have to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy this luscious treat.The almond-based crust makes this pumpkin cheesecake gluten-free and lower in carbs than the traditional version. And while there's added maple syrup to give it a hint of sweetness, it is a natural sweetener compared to refined sugar and is a small amount when divided into servings. Ingredients Crust: 1 1/2 cups almond meal 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 cup melted butter 6 dates, softened and chopped Filling: Three 8-ounce packages regular cream cheese, at room temperature 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice 1/4 teaspoon cloves 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup pure maple syrup One 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 5 eggs, preferably room temperature 1/4 cup heavy cream Preparation Heat oven to 375 F.Prepare a Springform Pan: Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan—no need to cut it to size, just snap it into place when you tighten the sides of the pan. Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. (You'll be baking the cheesecake with the springform pan set in a baking pan half-full of boiling water, so you want to protect from leaks.) Combine all of the ingredients for the crust, and press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until it is fragrant and beginning to brown.Make the filling: Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl and the beaters. This step will be repeated several times and is important. The mixture will gradually become lighter, and the denser stuff has a tendency to cling to the bowl. You won't be able to incorporate it as well later, so keep scraping and beating.Add the spices and the maple syrup. Beat again, scrape again.Add the pumpkin and vanilla. Beat well, scrape.Add 3 eggs and beat well (about 1 minute), and scrape.Add the remaining 2 eggs and the cream, and beat another minute. Pour the mixture into the pan over the crust.Place the pan in a baking dish with at least 3-inch sides and pour boiling water into the baking dish, about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Lower the oven temperature to 325 F and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, checking often after 1 hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 150 to 155 F, remove from oven. Remove the sides from the springform pan. Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature, or up to 3 hours. Cover and chill, ideally for another 3 to 4 hours.Ingredients Substitutes and Cooking TipsIf you want a thinner crust, use half the amount of almond meal in the crust. You can use low-fat cream cheese, but since it may affect the texture of the cheesecake it's best to replace half of the regular cream cheese in this recipe with low-fat. Nutrition Facts Servings: 16 (1 slice each) Amount per serving Calories 301 % Daily Value* Total Fat 25g 32% Saturated Fat 12g 60% Cholesterol 111mg 37% Sodium 292mg 13% Total Carbohydrate 15g 5% Dietary Fiber 2g 7% Total Sugars 11g Includes 6g Added Sugars 12% Protein 7g Vitamin D 1mcg 5% Calcium 100mg 8% Iron 1mg 6% Potassium 245mg 5% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice. Rate this Recipe You've already rated this recipe. Thanks for your rating! Show Full Article Up Next Up Next Recipe Cream Cheese and Raspberries Make Delicious Sugar-Free Chiffon Squares Up Next Recipe Make Chocolatey Brownies That are Nutritious With Flaxseed Up Next Recipe Try This Healthy Pumpkin Pie With Pecan Crust Recipe Up Next Recipe How Do You Make a Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling?