State Gifted Associations

Contact Information

Most U.S. states have an organization for parents and teachers of gifted children and nearly all of those have a Web site where you can find out about the organization and often about gifted issues in the state. They also will list the names of people to contact. A few states do not have gifted associations, but they do have someone to contact with their Department of Education in charge of gifted education.

All of these people are excellence resources for getting information not only about gifted children but also legal issues concerning gifted education. For instance, you can learn whether gifted education is required in your state and if it is, whether schools receive money for it.

Continue Reading